Employment has its perks and whoopedos. Being employed for the for a little time (even if it’s only for 7 days because it’s a summer job), I have observed the pros & cons of employment in the Philippines specifically.
Here’s a list of what I think are the pros & cons of employment:
- benefits (social security, PhilHealth, PAG IBIG, ++)
- double pay (depends on chances)
- experiences & all that goes with it
- your salary is fixed
- being promoted could sometimes “mean more work, average pay”
- your time may not be your money’s worth
- no control with such things or restrictions to rules & regulations
- deduction/s of pay
- 1 – 2 week/s process for your paycheck (if you’re lucky)
…and the list of it goes on.
PIECE OF ADVICE: If you aren’t happy with what you’re doing, quit it! Life’s too short.